Summer Marketing Coordinator
- Posted by: Kingston Literacy & Skills
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $17.75
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Seasonal
- Avg. Hours/Week: 30
- Schedule: Days
- Education: N/A
KL&S is a non-profit community organization. With professional, knowledgeable staff and dedicated volunteers, we deliver literacy upgrading, workforce preparation, and English Language instruction to adults and families in Kingston and the surrounding communities.
Do you have a passion for adult education and for supporting others to achieve goals in education, employment, and independence? If you want to work with a great team that strives to empower lives through literacy and language, then consider a summer position with KL&S.
As a Marketing Coordinator you will be responsible for:
• Developing and designing marketing assets to be used in social media and communication campaigns to promote the messaging and services of KL&S
• Capturing images and testimonials that reflect our agency
• Developing a marketing calendar for 2023/24
• Supporting the development and publication of the Annual Report
• Contributing to a new marketing strategy
• Holds or is working towards a post-secondary degree or certificate with a focus in art, marketing, design, communication, or a similar field of study
• Experience working in a diverse environment and/or working with adults and newcomers
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Suite, and social media applications
• Creative, energetic and enthusiastic with a high level of professionalism
• Demonstrated respect and sensitivity for cultural and educational diversity and social uniqueness
• Experience creating marketing and/or communication assets
• Understanding of nonprofit/charitable sector is an asset
• Ability to plan a project, work independently, and meet timelines for deliverables
• Highly effective English oral and written communication and presentation skills and attention to detail
• Provide a clear criminal record check (CPIC) including vulnerable sector
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program
The Canada Summer Jobs Program (CSJP) is a program under the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, which aims to provide flexible and holistic services to help all young Canadians develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition into the labour market.
As a requirement of the CSJP:
• This position is open to youth up to 30 years of age
• Candidates must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada
Hours and Salary: 30 hours/week (hybrid position—in person and remote work) $17.75/hour
Summer position 9 weeks (June – August)
Posted until filled.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to:
Manager of Human Resources:
KL&S hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
If you are contacted to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise the interview coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in KL&S. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.