- Posted by: Drake International
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Cornwall
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $32.99 - $44.22
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5 with overtime potential
- Schedule: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Education: College, University
Healthcare workers are the unspoken heroes that work tirelessly to keep us all looked after and in good health.
We are currently recruiting for a Medical Radiation Technologist CT to join the team of a Community Hospital, who uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and “Our People” as priorities in creating a culture of safety and a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Looking to maybe downsize from the stress of a large city operation to a small-town community hospital, allowing to focus on patient care and experience? Then this is the opportunity for you:
Summary of responsibilities
We are seeking a Medical Radiation Technologist CT. The position reports to the Director Diagnostic Services and Cardio-Respiratory. This position is eligible for new hire and retention incentives.
Requirements of the job
- Current registration with the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists of Ontario is an asset – transfer from another province is an option through the application process.
- I.V. Certification and experience administering contrast media
- Successful course completion, CT Imaging (Theory) and Sectional Anatomy 1 & 2 or ability to achieve full completion within two years of hire
- Proficiency with CT equipment and associated medical devices
- Excellent computer skills and good working knowledge of HIS, Ris and PACS
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well with multiple interruptions
- Ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Must meet physical demands of position including lifting over 60 lbs. and withstand constant standing and/or walking
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Current certification in BCLS
- Demonstrated regular/punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
• Minimum of 2 years technical experience in Computed Tomography