- Posted by: Coke Canada Bottling
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Ottawa
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $20/hr + mileage premium
- Positions Available: 10
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 8-40
- Schedule: Days, Weekends, Shift
- Education: High School
About this opportunity
Coke Canada Bottling Merchandisers work in local grocery stores helping our clients keep Coke Canada Bottling products fully stocked and available to consumers – keeping beverage sections, end caps, racks and displays filled. Merchandisers are our frontline ambassador, providing superior service to clients and consumers. Coke Canada Bottling Merchandisers work in local grocery stores helping our clients keep Coke Canada Bottling products fully stocked and available to consumers – Watch the video in the link below to learn more: https://vimeo.com/461498439/bc39f09af3
Schedule: day, week & weekend
Wage: $20/h + mileage premium
- Maintain and replenish products in store racks, shelves, displays, and coolers by transporting product between backroom/storage room to front-of-store with manual or powered equipment (pallet jack, hand-truck)
- Build, change or remove product displays while adhering to company standards; maintaining product signage; cleaning product space and securing damaged or defective product.
- Follow all Coke Canada Bottling and Store policies regarding backroom, display floor, replenishment, equipment, and safety
- Manage backroom by organizing stock (product); identifying, monitoring, and reporting inventory levels; evaluating and processing damaged product; re-packing product; organizing backroom materials (i.e., pallets, product shells etc.); completing any required paperwork
- Maintain an orderly and clean work area in compliance with Company safety and sanitation requirements
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers and customers
- Repetitively lift, carry and position product (weight up to 50lbs or 22kgs) above shoulder height without assistance
- Consistent kneeling, squatting and reaching above the head
- Ability to push and pull manual and powered equipment (i.e. pallet jack, hand-truck etc.) containing product loads for a minimum of 100 yards without assistance
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in grocery, retail, warehousing or related field preferred
- Experience working with manual or powered pallet jacks preferred
- Minimum one (1) year experience working under little to no supervision preferred
- Must have a personal vehicle for use during working hours
- Must have current vehicle liability insurance
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record with no major violations over the last three (3) years
- Proudly Canadian and Independently Owned, we are Coke Canada Bottling!
- Coke Canada Bottling is Canada's premier bottling company. We are an independently owned business encompassing over 5,800 associates, more than 50 sales and distribution centres, and five production facilities nationwide.
- We have a 120-year heritage of manufacturing, marketing, selling, and distributing the major branded ready-to-drink products Canadians love.
- We pride ourselves on building diverse and sustainable relationships with our customers, consumers, stakeholders, and communities through our shared values: lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, collaboration, integrity, accountability, quality and safety.
- Our brands include: Coca-Cola®, Diet Coke®, Coca-Cola® Zero Sugar, Sprite®, Fanta®, Barq's®, NESTEA®, POWERADE®, Minute Maid®, DASANI® and vitaminwater®; and our partner brands: Canada Dry®, Monster Energy®, and A&W®.
All offers of employment at Coca-Cola Canada Bottling Limited (“Coke Canada”) are conditional upon a successful background clearance obtained through our contracted third-party vendor. The standard clearance requirements depend on the position and may include some or all of the following: criminal clearance, employment verification, education verification, and driver’s abstract review. Please advise the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions or concerns in regard to any of the foregoing once you are contacted for further consideration.
Coke Canada Bottling is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce with several programs, policies and resources in place to support our people. For individuals requiring accommodations or support throughout the recruitment process please contact our Talent Acquisition Services team by calling 1-844-383-2653 or email HR@cokecanada.com.