Case Manager (Up to 8 Months)
- Posted by: City of Kingston
- Closing Date: Sep 28, 2023
- City: Kingston, ON
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $29.39 - $36.64/Hour
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Temporary
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35 hours/week
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
We acknowledge that the City of Kingston is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Kingston is a smart, livable city in the heart of eastern Ontario. Its stable and diversified economy includes global corporations, innovative start-ups and all levels of government. Kingstonians enjoy a high quality of life with access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
We take our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Pride seriously and apply these standards to everything we do. We foster a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. The City of Kingston views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members LGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
Salary: $29.39 - $36.64/Hour
Defined Benefit Pension Plan-OMERS
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/week
Closing Date: September 28, 2023
**Note this is a temporary position covering full-time hours for up to 8 months**
Under the general direction of the Ontario Works Supervisor(s) provide OW case management duties: including completion of applications, determination of eligibility, continued development of participation agreements consistent with outcome based measures, compliance monitoring and related client service and administrative functions.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manage and administer caseloads; provide client support, complete applications, determine eligibility and entitlement, complete offsite visits, monitor compliance, and respond to inquiries.
- Develop, maintain and monitor Participation Agreements consistent with outcomes-based measures related to employability and that capitalize on community employment opportunities and initiatives.
- Develop and deliver Employment Assistance program strategies as required, to meet the needs of participants with specific and/or multiple barriers.
- Ensure decisions are compliant with Ontario Works legislation, local policies and other related regulations and directives.
- Contribute to Ontario Works Program performance and outcome targets by organizing, scheduling and completing case management duties and data mapping case activities and outcomes as required.
- Inform participants of the services provided by the Housing & Social Services Department.
- Perform all related administrative functions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- 3 year diploma.
- Two (2) years of Human Services case management experience in a complex and fast paced work environment, preferably in a Provincial or Municipal Public service sector. Human Services is defined as programs or facilities for meeting basic health, welfare, and other needs of a society or group, focusing on prevention and remediation of problems and the overall improvement in quality of life. Case Management includes processes such as: intake and assessment of needs, service planning, service plan implementation, service coordination, monitoring and follow-up, reassessment, case conferencing, crisis intervention, case closure.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with direct Case Management experience in the Housing and Social Services department.
- Must demonstrate Corporate Competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Works Act and Regulations.
- Knowledge of Municipal Freedom Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and ability to observe Confidentiality requirements in all applicable matters.
- General knowledge of other related legislation including ODSP Act and regulations.
- Effective interpersonal and dispute resolution skills, ability to manage difficult interviews and de-escalate conflict.
- Effective communication skills both, written and verbal, proficient in mathematics, knowledge of community agencies.
- Effective work management skills including; the ability to undertake multiple tasks, meet deadlines, prioritize work demands and address customer service requests.
- Knowledge and experience working with web based social assistance technology, preferably the Province of Ontario's Social Assistance Management System.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel database skills, and keyboarding skills.
- Valid Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License is preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check, including vulnerable sector check.
Please inform us of any accommodations we need to make to ensure a barrier-free recruitment experience. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) at any stage in the recruitment process. We’re happy to provide more information if you email us at HRCity@cityofkingston.ca.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resumé must demonstrate how you meet position requirements. Please upload to your profile any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position. We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.