- Posted by: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cornwall & District
- Closing Date: Sep 29, 2023
- Start Date: Sep 30, 2023
- City: Cornwall
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $21.24 - $23.90
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 21
- Schedule: Days
- Education: College, University
Mentoring Coordinator – part-time position (21 hours a week)
Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Cornwall & District
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Mentoring Coordinator will oversee the in school programs (In School Mentoring, Go Girls, Game On) of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cornwall & District in accordance with the National Standards set by our National Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and supporting mentoring matches to ensure the healthy development of the in school mentoring program.
- Liaise with schools and community organizations to create and maintain partnerships and volunteers that address the needs of children and families and the mentoring programs associated with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cornwall & District
- Work closely with the Caseworker to ensure all site based mentoring program requirements are being followed and maintained
- Contact schools or other involved social agencies as appropriate for assessment input
- Manage intake of children and volunteers including orientation, interviewing, screening, etc.
- Recruit volunteers for the in school mentoring programs
The ideal candidate would possess:
- A University Degree or College Diploma in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or Education
- 2 years of experience working in a community agency focusing on providing social services
- Good understanding of the SD&G communities, their organizations, resources and other support system available
- Ability to communicate effectively and have good written and oral communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
Salary ranges between $21.24 and $23.90 an hour, depending on previous work experience
Please forward your cover letter and resume no later than Friday September 29th, 2024 at 1 p.m.