Strategy & Analytics Associate
- Posted by: Toronto Blue Jays
- Closing Date: Oct 11, 2023
- Start Date: Sep 19, 2023
- City: Toronto
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Seasonal
- Avg. Hours/Week: TBD
- Schedule: Days
The Toronto Blue Jays are looking for students entering the final year of their undergraduate program who are interested in joining the Toronto Blue Jays Strategy & Analytics team. Students will have the opportunity to learn from industry-leading professionals and explore what it means to be a part of Canada’s only Major League Baseball team.
Students will join a cohort of summer associates, including participants across various departments. With a focus on developing the next generation of Blue Jays leaders, the Associate Program will give students access to cohort-specific learning, social, and mentorship opportunities, including a cross-departmental mentor within the organization who will support them throughout the program and the chance to present to the Toronto Blue Jays Leadership Team.
Over the summer, candidates will gain valuable real-world experience in the sports industry and discover what it means to be a part of the Toronto Blue Jays team here at Rogers Centre.
ABOUT THE STRATEGY & ANALYTICS TEAM
The Toronto Blue Jays’ Strategy & Analytics team helps all areas of the Business Operations team make stronger, more structured, and data-informed decisions. The team works cross-functionally to help guide organization-wide strategy and provides market, financial, and consumer analysis to deliver a solid fact base and logical framework for planning and decision-making.
The work of the TBJ Strategy & Analytics team primarily involves three focus areas. Associates may specialize in one area or work across multiple of these areas throughout the summer.
- Help lead cross-functional projects that address ambiguous business problems / opportunities across the organization
- Responsibilities may include collaborating with team members, facilitating meetings, and helping to define scope, objectives, and overall project approaches
Data & Analytics
- Leverage data and analytics to uncover actionable insights and support data-driven decision-making across the organization
- Responsibilities may include designing and performing complex analyses, building dashboards, and creating predictive models and other analytical tools
- Lead research initiatives to help understand the “why” behind fan behaviours and trends, and use insights to inform decisions across the business
- Responsibilities may include designing and programming surveys, analyzing survey and operational data, and reporting on key findings
- Currently enrolled in university with expected graduation in 2025
- Preferred major in business, economics, computer science, engineering, math, statistics, psychology, or consumer behaviour
- Strong critical thinker with good communication skills
- Team player with a willingness and curiosity to learn
- Able to multitask and prioritize
- Able to interpret and analyze data to support decision-making
- Passionate about solving challenging business problems
- Baseball knowledge and passion for the game a plus
- Contract Type: 4-month Associate Program, May – August 2024
- Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter, and Transcript