- Posted by: The John Howard Society of Kingston and District
- Closing Date: Dec 15, 2023
- City: Kingston
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $45,432.00
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Contract
- Avg. Hours/Week: 35
- Schedule: Days
ReStart is a program of the John Howard Society of Kingston and District. We provide a wide range of employment counselling services to help people prepare for, find and keep employment.
900 Montreal Street, Kingston, Ontario.
RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
- Conduct needs assessments, job readiness planning, and service planning towards employment outcomes
- Provide motivation and support while addressing barriers and challenges that clients may face which impact their employability
- Helps clients overcome barriers to finding jobs and retaining jobs
- Update job board on a daily basis
- Assesses client needs with respect to job readiness, work experience, capacity to carry out a job search, and to make decisions about careers
- Provides information and referrals to community supports to address basic needs promoting employment readiness, including financial, housing, legal, food, addiction, etc.
- A diploma in a related field or combination of education and relevant work experience
- Experience in employment counselling
- Experience working with individuals from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, databases and internet – experience with CaMS is an asset
The John Howard Society of Kingston & District is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an accessible workplace. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process.
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.