Service Delivery Supervisor (Railway)
- Posted by: Protech
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Dec 1, 2023
- City: Toronto
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: 80000
- Positions Available: 5
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 44-60
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Shift
- Education: High School, College
The Service Delivery Supervisor goal is to monitor train performance, and to identify potential mechanical issues that could negatively affect on time performance. This includes equipment in layover status at outposts, or Willowbrook or Whitby rail maintenance facility using all health monitoring systems available. The optimum goal is to affect a repair in advance of revenue service seamlessly so that GO Transit and ultimately their ridership are completely unaware of any problems. In the event that a breakdown occurs a recovery plan is quickly put in place to mobilize Willowbrook work force, Outpost and/or Union Station Technicians and Train Riders to correct, or isolate the problem to keep the service moving. They will continue to monitor to ensure the equipment is repaired at its layover location. The SDS will work closely with the Control Supervisor keeping them appraised of the equipment condition so they can advise GO Transit Operations. This reliable communication will allow GO Transit Operations to make informed decisions in regard to the need to affect of any schedule changes.
- Using all the resources available: Intellitrain, CDS ,Witronix, Outpost Technicians, Operating Train Crews (radio contact), and Metrolinx Network operations control center will monitor Locomotive, Coach, DMU and train service health.
- Minimize in service failures by identifying potential equipment problems in advance of dispatch, and affecting repairs using all Technical resources available.
- During a service disruption the Service Delivery Supervisor will: provide trouble shooting instructions to the crew, advise the Control Supervisor of the need to mobilize Willowbrook response teams, or Outpost Technicians. The SDS will advise the Control Supervisor of condition of the equipment so that they can contact Metrolinx Network operations control center who will then be able to decide on train schedule changes if necessary.
- Keep a log of events, and prepare reports that give detailed information of: Train recovery, and saves that resulted in no revenue train incidents.
- Keep up to date with crew operating instructions/notices.
- Grade 12 or higher of education required
- Completed apprenticeship an asset
- 3 years of railway experience
- Computer skills compulsory
- Excellent understanding of equipment - locomotives and coach.
- Ability to communicate clearly over various mediums (face to face, phone, email or radio) to provide repair instructions to; Train Operating Crews, Outpost Technicians, and Maintenance staff.
Protech Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment selection process to any applicants upon request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).