Control Centre Supervisor (Railway)
- Posted by: Protech
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Dec 1, 2023
- City: Toronto
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: 80000
- Positions Available: 6
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Contract
- Avg. Hours/Week: 44-60
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings, Shift
- Education: High School, College
Plan, organize and manage a team of Equipment Maintainers, Electrical and Mechanical Technicians to repair and maintain commuter coaches and locomotives. Prepare train sets for dispatch by assigning staff to trip, brake test, service the equipment for revenue train service.
Location: Oakville, Etobicoke, or Whitby
Your responsibilities will include:
- To organize and control the arrival, fueling, and dispatch of the train consists to Willowbrook and satellite outpost locations, as well as monitor the arrival and dispatch of the consists.
- Organize and inform GO Transit Operations of any schedule changes, contacts the crews on the radio to assist with any equipment problems.
- Review workloads and assign appropriate staff to complete the repairs, maintenance or trip and brake inspections in a timely fashion.
- Build and amend the daily maintenance schedule using scheduling software
- Monitor the radio to prevent or reduce delays by coaching or having staff dispatched to meet the train at the most appropriate location. coordinate equipment changes using shop staff. On weekends be the primary contact for all staff working to assign work and monitor production.
As our ideal candidate:
- You will have post-secondary studies, but minimum of Grade 12.
- 3 to 4 years in a Railway industry.
Protech Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment selection process to any applicants upon request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).