- Posted by: Protech
- Closing Date: N/A
- Start Date: Dec 1, 2023
- City: Toronto
- Rate of Pay: Salary
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: 95000
- Positions Available: 6
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Contract
- Avg. Hours/Week: 40
- Schedule: Days
- Education: High School, College
The Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls, and coordinates the operation of assigned departments and directs the facility, supervisory team.
Location: Oakville, Etobicoke, or Whitby
- Responsible for the performance and supervision of shop supervisory team;
- Schedule and attend regular meetings with managers, supervisors, employees and the customer;
- Administer a service function to enable a 24-hour operation;
- Advise staff on technical and operational matters;
- Coordinate investigations for customer issues regarding equipment maintenance;
- Coordinate completion of special projects as required;
- Provide investigation reports and resolution correspondence with GO Transit;
- Responsible for preparing, administration and expenditures of the department’s annual budget;
- Plans, develops and recommends new or revised departmental policies and procedures;
- Provide coaching and leadership for the development of subordinates;
- Interpret and provide guidance to staff regarding collective agreement.
- Participates in the performance evaluation and succession planning of personnel;
- Supervises personnel so as to obtain maximum efficiency while applying, in his departments, the company’s policies and procedures;
- Act in capacity of relief manager for other members of management team.
SKILL FACTORS - Education/ Experience
- 5 years+ of management responsibility in a manufacturing or maintenance environment;
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance, work order and scheduling techniques;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of disciplines and levels, both internal and external staff;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills;
- Knowledge of working procedures and techniques utilized in the trade area;
- Strong interpersonal skills for the training and coaching activities;
- Working knowledge of MS office package.
Protech Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer devoted to providing an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment selection process to any applicants upon request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).