Registered Practical Nurse
- Posted by: Carefor
- Closing Date: N/A
- City: Ottawa
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $26.21-$27.97
- Positions Available: 10
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: 37.5
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Evenings
- Education: College
Are you a nurse who has not been employed in Ontario in the six months prior to being hired?
Carefor is a partner employer selected by Ontario Health to provide the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). It provides $25,000 in grant funding to eligible nurses To see if you qualify go to: https://www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/Community_Commitment_Program_for_Nurses.
POSITION TITLE: Registered Practical Nurse
Carefor Health & Community Services is in search of Registered Practical Nurses in the Ottawa area who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of their clients in the community. A Registered Practical Nurse with Carefor is an integral part of the Carefor Health Team and is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to individuals and/or families in the community as well as teaching and delegating tasks to different members of the Carefor team members.
What you will do:
As a Registered Practical Nurse in Carefor’s Visit Nursing Program, you will make a difference in the lives of your clients in the community by utilizing your excellent communication skills to obtain relevant information from your clients and their families. You will implement nursing strategies or interventions according to the established care plan in consultation with the client and/or caregiver and the health care team. You will utilize adult learning principals and teaching materials to provide guidance to clients and their caregivers. You will incorporate your research findings into your daily clinical practice while demonstrating your exceptional time management and advance planning skills that will promote client-directed care, self-care and independence.
Tools / Technologies:
- In our fast-paced, responsive, and caring environment, we are looking for a self-starter who has the experience and ability to jump in on day one with energy and enthusiasm.
- The following items describe important experience and competency areas you have demonstrated in your current or previous roles in order to be successful in this role:
- You are registered in good standing with the College of Nurses in Ontario (CNO)
- You have excellent high tech skills (with IV restart) or a passion to be trained in these skills
- You possess a valid driver’s license and the use of a reliable vehicle
- You have excellent documentation skills
- You have the ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary practice
- You have excellent problem solving skills and the ability to adapt nursing to independent practice
- You take initiative and you are passionate about caring for your clients
- If you have the following, it would be considered an additional asset:
- Ability to converse in both official languages (English/French)
- Experience in palliative care
- You have LEAP training or are willing to take part as a requirement to palliative care provision
- Experience in community health care
- Current skills in Foot Care