Community Opportunities and Mobilization Coordinator
- Posted by: United Way/Centraide SDG
- Closing Date: Feb 27, 2024
- City: Cornwall
- Rate of Pay: Commensurate with Experience
- Positions Available: 1
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Casual
- Avg. Hours/Week: 21
- Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekends
- Education: College, University
You will be working with an upbeat and dynamic team who values building great relationships with internal and external interest holders.
Reporting to the Campaign and Communication Manager, this position will take on a wide range of administrative and event planning responsibilities that support the work of the United Way/Centraide of Stormont, Dundas, & Glengarry (UWC SDG).
This position is responsible for managing fundraising events as well as supporting the engagement, stewardship, and recognition of volunteers and donors. In addition, the role will support effective communication both within the organization and to the community by maintaining databases, building calendars, monitoring content on social media, and both collecting data for quantitative measurements of success and mining information necessary for storytelling of our impact.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of local businesses and organizations for the annual giving Campaign.
- Be a primary point of contact for organizations, volunteers, and workplace campaigns contacting UWC SDG.
- Research for new funding and campaign opportunities (e.g., workplaces, corporate donors, in-house special events).
- Assist in the planning, project management, and execution of yearly fundraising events for the UWC SDG, including chairing the volunteer committees and overseeing the sponsorships and donations linked to these events.
- Work collaboratively with the UWC SDG team to ensure donors, volunteers, and community partners are engaged, recognized, and stewarded in a timely, personalized, and meaningful way that respects community sensitivities.
- Oversee the volunteer management at the UWC SDG with the roll-out of volunteer specific policies and procedures that will encompass various working committees as well as event volunteers.
- Keep UWC SDG organized by supporting admin tasks such as: shared calendars, storage inventory, board meeting document preparation and briefing notes.
- Support ongoing qualitative and quantitative evaluation of our investment impact.
- Assist with development and implementation of outreach and marketing activities, campaigns, and strategies for our member agencies, current supporters, and the general public.
- Support with scheduling of content and monitoring of online and digital platforms.
- Maintains awareness of advancements in philanthropy and fund development, as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector.
- In-office position with some flexibility.
- Office environment with extended lengths of time sitting at a desk using a computer and phone.
- Some travel required to attend special events, functions, and meet interest holders.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Extended hours, weekends, and evenings on some occasions.
- You enjoy building networks, partnerships, and collaborations. You embed the principles of integrity and trust in your approach to cultivating interest holder relationships and are driven to build outcomes that benefit all.
- You have experience working with diverse interest holders.
- You are a clear, confident, and thoughtful communicator.
- You have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects within tight timelines.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable with presentations, public speaking, and community engagement.
- You embody strong customer service skills including flexibility and patience to deal with varied partners in a professional manner.
- You work well in a highly collaborative environment. You are ready to lead and to pitch in. You’re excited to collaborate with partners and peers on projects both big and small.
- You create efficient systems that enable you to work quickly, solve problems proactively, and produce outstanding quality work.
- You are driven to meet fundraising goals to achieve revenue and growth targets.
- You’re confident using tools like Microsoft Office to support your productivity and are comfortable adapting to changing priorities as needed.
- You have good understanding of the communities we serve, and the Mission and Vision of UWC SDG and the work with various community partners we have achieved in recent years.
- You are ready and willing to work in an organization that prioritizes anti racism and embraces the concepts of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion so as to build stronger more resilient communities.
Hours of Work
- Regular schedule of 21 hours per week
- Flexibility of hours is important to this position throughout the year.
We understand that all candidates will not possess the qualifications listed below in equal measure. We have outlined the qualifications we believe are important for this position or for the successful candidate to develop while in the role:
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Business, or acceptable combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year of marketing, event coordination, and/or communications experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and event planning.
- Demonstrated understanding of social and multimedia platforms, channels, trends, and capabilities.
- Experience with results, tracking, analysis, and reporting
- Experience working with diverse interest holders.
- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
- You are ready and willing to work in an organization that prioritizes anti racism and embraces the concepts of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to build stronger more resilient communities.
- Competitive wage (vacation paid at 4%)
Please submit resume, including cover letter by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply: Tuesday February 27, 2024 - 9:00am (EST)
We thank all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
The UWC SDG is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. Should you require accommodations during the hiring process, you are invited to inform us of the required accommodations so that we can best meet your needs.