Personal Support Workers
- Posted by: County of Frontenac
- Closing Date: Mar 31, 2024
- City: Glenburnie
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Rate of Pay Amount / Range: $24.13, eligible for $3.00 wage enhancement
- Positions Available: 8
- Type: Part Time
- Duration: Permanent
- Avg. Hours/Week: No guaranteed hours (Casual only)
- Schedule: Days, Weekends, Shift
- Education: College
Personal Support Worker (PSW) is part of an interprofessional team providing basic care and support to assist residents with their basic physical, psychological, and social needs in accordance with an established plan of care. The PSW works with residents who may have a variety of health-related issues.
The PSW is the primary basic care and support provider to residents and supports the effective operations of the Home. The PSW will carry out the duties in alignment to the organizations mission, vision and values, and work to further its priorities.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker certificate from a recognized Community College and/or an accredited program as legislated in the Long Term Care Homes Act
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience as identified in the Long Term Care Homes Act may be considered including Graduate Nursing Assistant, Registered Practical Nurse, Graduated Nurse, Registered Nurse
Further details can be found under the "Career Opportunities" section of the County of Frontenac website.
To submit an application to this posting, apply to the applicable POST# through the County of Frontenac website. This position requires a Cover Letter and Resume to be submitted when you apply and pre-screening questions to be complete for external applicants.
The County of Frontenac is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process and applicants must make their needs known in advance.
The County of Frontenac values a diverse workforce and the unique differences that each individual brings to the workplace. We welcome all qualified applicants.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of selecting candidates for the interview process and ultimate selection.
Questions regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information pursuant to MFIPPA may be directed to the Manager of Legislative Services/Clerk.
Launch Your Career #inFrontenac